Did you know that the grind, the hustle, the marketing, the sales, all the things in your business can lead to burnout really quickly? Getting burned out is the last thing you want to happen. Take a listen and find out the steps you can take to avoid burnout.
Visit https://aliciahenderson.biz/podcast/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Experiencing burnout
- How to recognize the signs that you’re about to be burnt out
- How to avoid burnout
- The signs of burnout:
- There is no joy in what you do.
- Dreading working with clients.
- If you’re a leader and a CEO and you have a team, you can’t expect people to read your mind. We’re not doing this by osmosis and your team is not telepathic.
- If you don’t have joy with working with your clients, you have the wrong the clients or you are in the wrong profession.
- Fitness and exercise help to take our minds off what we are focused on or worried about, and it takes us to another place.
- As soon as you recognize the signs of burnout, steer yourself away from it.
- If you want people to do something right for you, break it down in steps.
- Avoid burnout:
- Take a look at your schedule. Make sure you’re not cramming too many things in one day and that you have enough downtime. Schedule a CEO day at least once a month.
- Set boundaries in your business. Let your clients know what they can expect from working with you and set your working hours. Tell them who they can contact in case of an emergency. And set boundaries with your family as well.
- Exercise. Take walks and get some sun. Figure out the best time of day for you to exercise. And make sure to healthfully fuel your body.
- Take breaks. Go on vacation or have a staycation. Disconnect from your business for a couple of days or a week or two (or maybe even longer, if you can).
- Get your rest. Pick a good bedtime. Take a nap during the day. Have some downtime during the day just to Zen out.
- Take up a hobby.
- Create family time and make it a priority. Have time for creating memories with your family. Be available to help your kids with their homework. Go on a date with your spouse.
“Create a business that allows you to have the freedom to do what you want, when you want, and not have any restrictions on it.
“If you want to have a business that has longevity, you have to realize that [burnout] happens. You also have to accept and acknowledge it, and then don’t carry the guilt… and then you move forward.”
Thanks for listening!
Let’s continue this conversation over on The Empirenista Business Incubator with Alicia Henderson. What are some other ways that you can get burned out? And what are the ways that you can avoid it yourself?
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure to take a screenshot of it and share it on your Instagram Stories, tag me in it @empirenista_alicia and use #empirenistabizsuccesspodcast.
If you haven’t already, subscribe to this podcast, and don’t forget to leave a rating and a review. You can also visit my website and get on the email list to get notified when new episodes drop.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Virtual Intensive = Market Like A Boss Intensive
One to One = 1:1 Empirenista Business Success Mentorship
Group Coaching = Empirenista Business Success Academy
More from Alicia
Sponsored by my Plan & Profit CEO Virtual Workshop.